What are some outreach programs that promote dark skies awareness and how can we get involved in them?
The Hellenic Astronomical Society joining the international effort of the IAU Cornerstone Project “Dark Skies Awareness” has dedicated a national action in dark sky and environmental education, informing the citizens and authorities, through a relevant leaflet and organizing a national photographic contest for students, amateur and professional photographers.
More information can be found on the Hellenic Astronomical Society website.
More outreach programs
- A Dark Skies Video Made by Chilean Students
- Promoting Dark-Skies and Astro-Tourism in Tanzania
- Reduce el impacto de la contaminación luminica - Fideicomiso de Conservación
- Lights at Night - from the Marion Koshland Science Museum of the National Academy of Sciences
- Light Pollution Trading Cards
- ”Light in Our Life” poster contest
- Dark Skies at Harkins Middle Video
- Mary Lou’s New Telescope
- Dark Skies in the UK
- Dark Sky Park Program in Hungary
- Thinking Worlds - an immersive 3D game about light pollution